But I had to make sure and pop back in for today’s Sunday Supper! We’re sharing recipes that have just 5 ingredients or less, and you know things like that are right up my alley…and should be considering Jason and I were out of town with friends the last two weekends and I definitely ate whatever I wanted, and most of those meals had way more than five ingredients – ugh. It’s okay, I’m back to reality, and cooking at Casa de Crews again.
So today’s recipe…a few weeks back, we went to see a movie and snuck snacks in (shhhhhh), and Jason picked up a bag of Chili-Lime Peanuts that were so, so good. I may have eaten more than half the bag.
But then I made the mistake of looking at the ingredient list and totally thought, “I could make these better at home, with way less junk.”
…and so I did. The end. 🙂
If you can find raw peanuts instead of roasted, op for those. If you can’t, make sure to get unsalted peanuts. This spice combo will work for all nuts – almonds, cashews, etc. I haven’t tried it yet, but I also bet the mix would be dah-vine tossed with roasted chickpeas. Someone get on that for me, kthx.
- 2 cups raw peanuts, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (I like Kelapo, but any will do)
- 2 tsp coarse kosher salt
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp chili powder, more to taste if you like spice!
- zest of lime, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Toss peanuts, coconut oil, coarse kosher salt in a bowl to coat evenly.
- Pour mixture onto rimmed baking sheet. Roast nuts until fragrant and beginning to darken, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Transfer nuts to large bowl. Add lime juice, chili powder, and lime zest; toss to coat. Cool nuts completely
Thanks to T.R. for hosting today! See what other recipes we’re sharing today for #SundaySupper:
- 2 Ingredient Orange Juice Frosty Drink by The Educators’ Spin On It
- Five Ingredient Sangria by Our Good Life
- Pina Colada Summer Smoothie by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
Appetizers and Snacks
- 5-Ingredient Creamy Avocado Dressing by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Crescent Jalapeno Poppers by The Weekend Gourmet
- Crockpot Chicken Chili Dip by The Crumby Cupcake
- Gluten Free Peach Salsa by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grilled Zucchini and Goat Cheese Roll Ups by Food Done Light
- Marinated Feta Tomato Skewers by Noshing with the Nolands
- Roasted Chili-Lime Peanuts by Casa de Crews
- Strawberry Coconut Soup with Mint by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- 3 Ingredient Steak Marinade by MealDiva
- Baked Fajita Chicken by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Crab Pasta by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Portobello Mushrooms by Palatable Pastime
- Healthy Chocolate Protein Pancakes by Momma’s Meals
- Homemade Porcini Almond Pasta by The Joyful Foodie
- Abruzzo Style Cannellini Beans with Fennel & Chicken by Delaware Girl Eats
- Nutella BLT Sandwich by Brunch with Joy
- Salmon in Puff Pastry by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Simple Brined Roast Chicken with Herbs and Garlic by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Simple Grilled Tilapia by Cooking Chat
- Simple Summer Shrimp and Asparagus by eating in instead
- Skirt Steak and Grilled Potatoes for a Crowd by Family Foodie
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken by Nosh My Way
- Slowcooker Ravioli Lasagne by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Brazilian Black Beans by Curious Cuisiniere
- Korean Seasoned Dried Squid (Ojingeochae muchim) by kimchi MOM
- Mashed Cauliflower with Parmesan by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sauerkraut and Apple Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sesame Lime Edamame by Magnolia Days
- Southern Style Squash Casserole by Recipe for Perfection
- Tomato, Avocado and Bacon Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Apple Drop Candy by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Toffee Cookies by NinjaBaker.com
- Coconut White Chocolate Truffles by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Easy No Churn Peach Frozen Yogurt by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Fluffernutter Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Magic Pudding Dessert by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- No-Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Rhubarb Crumble by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Creamy Coconut, Roasted Strawberry Chocolate Chip Popsicles by Simply Health Family
- Recipe Substitution Tips by Sunday Supper
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.