I make a big ol’ batch of Shredded Buffalo Chicken on the reg. I toss this chicken in salads, nachos, burrito-esque bowls….
With the Big Game around the corner, these Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins are the perfect plate for your homegating par-tay. We had friends over last week for playoff football, and to test some new recipes for my bloggy blog (do people say, “bloggy blog”?) and I am happy to report back my toughest critics l.o.v.e.d. these taters!
I added two kinds of cheese. If you’re going for Paleo or on a Whole 30 for the game of all games, omit the cheese and add some guac! I have completed two Whole 30 rounds during the Super Bowl, and while it may impossible, with the right food, no one will even know you’re forgoing cheese
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup red pepper sauce (i.e. Frank's Red Hot)
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Wash and dry off the potatoes, thoroughly. Pierce each potato with a fork.
- Bake potatoes for 35-45 minutes (depending on size) until they are semi soft. Don't cook all the way, since these potatoes will once again go back into the oven.
- While potatoes are cooking, combine the chicken with the hot sauce, and set aside.
- Once potatoes are cool, cut potato into halves. Scoop center filling from each half to create a "boat". Load each boat with chicken mixture and cheddar cheese.
- Place in oven under the broiler for 8-10 minutes or until edges are crispy. Remove from the oven, top with blue cheese crumble, and garnish with cilantro (if desired).Enjoy!