Living in Buffalo, NY until I was ten, means I have some seriously fond memories of my mom creating a feast of game day foods for the Super Bowl, since the Buffalo Bills played the game of all games four years in a row. My mom was an original homegating host, before “homegating” was a word; naturally, Buffalo Chicken Wings were always on the menu! Side note: My grandmother worked briefly at the Anchor Bar, in Buffalo, home of The Original Chicken Wing. Wings are in our blood!
Just like my Salt and Vinegar Chicken Wing recipe created after ordering them an embarrassing amount of times at a restaurant near our home, Jason and I love to also split an order of wings with a spicy chipotle rub, that is ah-may-zingggg.
The only issue is that chipotle spice is well, spicy. So I have to dip my wings in a side of ranch to handle the heat. Don’t get me wrong, I love ranch dressing (#fatkidforlife), but I’m pretttttty sure the side that comes with my basket of fried wings ain’t so healthy.
So to keep the ranch flavor alive, I add some of the same spices from my favorite homemade ranch dressing with ground chipotle spice. These baked wings are crispy, flavorful, and “healthy”. They’re paleo, whole 30, and low-carb friendly. They’re lightened up on fat and calories because we aren’t frying. These wings are perfect for everyone, and were a hit last week when we made them for friends while watching the playoffs. Make a batch, and see for yourself!
- 1 pkg chicken wings, split and tips discarded (approx 20 wings)
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp chipotle spice
- 2 tsp dried dill
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- To a bowl, mix spices together. Toss chicken wings in spice mixture to evenly coat.
- Line wings on a foil-covered baking sheet, or broiler pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Flip wings on pan, and cook an additional 20-30 minutes, until wings are crispy. Enjoy!
[bctt tweet=”Chipotle-Ranch Chicken Wings – low carb, paleo, whole 30 friendly!”]
Today, we’re sharing 60+ recipes to inspire your upcoming game day menu!
Appetizers and Sides
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Wholistic Woman
- Avocado Egg Rolls by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Bacon Wrapped Potato Wedges by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Buttermilk Battered Chicken Wings by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Cajun Okra Fries by Food Lust People Love
- Cheddar Sausage Balls by Tramplingrose
- Cheese Board and Baguettes Make for the Start of a Great Game Day Feast by Delaware Girl Eats
- Cheesy Crabmeat Canapés by Meal Planning Magic
- Cheesy Sausage Dip by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Chicken Fajita Nachos by Sweet Mornings
- Chipotle-Ranch Chicken Wings by Casa de Crews
- Corn Dog Muffins by Noshing With The Nolands
- Crock-Pot Bean Dip by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Deep Fried Pimento Cheese and Celery Bites by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
- Dill Pickle Dip by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Fish Taquitos by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Asian Sweet Chili Wings by Flippin’ Delicious
- Healthy Guacamole Recipe by Real Food Real Deals
- Hogs in a blanket by Cooking on the Ranch
- Hot Pork Roll and Cheese Dip by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Nacho Waffle Fries by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Patatas Pobres for a Crowd by Lydia’s Flexitarian Kitchen
- Pepperoni Pizza Bites by Family Foodie
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by Daily Dish Recipes
- Pimento Cheese-Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Rajas by Pook’s Pantry
- Roasted Broccoli Artichoke Dip by Cooking Chat
- Slow Cooker Thai Wings by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Smoky Blender Salsa by What Smells So Good?
- Southwestern Eggroll Cups by A Gouda Life
- Southwestern Flatbread and a “Design Your Own Flatbread” Table by The Freshman Cook
- Spicy Szechuan Shrimp Lettuce Cups by Palatable Pastime
- Sweet and Spicy Hummus by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Texas Caviar by Books n’ Cooks
- Tex-Mex Egg Rolls by Cookin’ Mimi
- Thai Beef Taco Bites by Brunch-n-Bites
- Three Cheese Macaroni Bites by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders With Tangy Warm Cabbage Slaw by Taste And See
- Buffalo Chicken Chili by Monica’s Table
- Cheeseburger Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Cheesy Cheesesteaks by Family Around The Table
- Emeril’s Chicken and Andouille Gumbo by The Texan New Yorker
- Game Day Chili by Our Good Life
- Handy Beef Buns by Get the Good Stuff
- Lahmacun – Turkish flatbread by Caroline’s Cooking
- New Jersey Sloppy Joe by kimchi MOM
- Pizza Pasta Bake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pork Italiano Sandwich by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Puerto Rican Pernil (Garlic Roast Pork) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ree’s Philly Cheesesteaks by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Cheese Bombers by Kitchen Gidget
- Spicy Tuna Croquette Sliders with Avocado Pesto by The Crumby Cupcake
Desserts and Drinks
- Chocolate Football Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Chex Mix by Pies and Plots
- Game Day Mocktails by Beauty and the Beets
- Gluten Free Football Potato Candy by Gluten Free Crumbley
- S’more Poutine by Desserts Required
- Super Duper Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn by Only Taste Matters
- Plus Big Game Party Recipes plus Sausage and Peppers Over Cheesy Grits by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.