Baked to golden perfection, these Chipotle-Ranch Chicken Wings are seasoned with a sugar-free rub that are next level!
Living in Buffalo, NY until I was ten, means I have some seriously fond memories of my mom creating a feast of game day foods for the Super Bowl, since the Buffalo Bills played the game of all games four years in a row. My mom was an original homegating host, before “homegating” was a word; naturally, Buffalo Chicken Wings were always on the menu! Side note: My grandmother worked briefly at the Anchor Bar, in Buffalo, home of The Original Chicken Wing. Wings are in our blood!
Just like my Salt and Vinegar Chicken Wing recipe created after ordering them an embarrassing amount of times at a restaurant near our home, Jason and I love to also split an order of wings with a spicy chipotle rub, that is amazing.
The only issue is that chipotle spice is well, spicy. So I have to dip my wings in a side of ranch to handle the heat. Don’t get me wrong, I love ranch dressing, but a side of ranch with fried wings isn’t the healthiest.
So to keep the ranch flavor alive, I add some of the same spices from my favorite homemade ranch dressing with ground chipotle spice. These Chipotle-Ranch Chicken Wings are crispy, flavorful, and clean. They’re paleo, whole30, and low-carb friendly, too! They’re lightened up on fat and calories because we aren’t frying. If you’d rather crisp up these Chipotle-Ranch Chicken Wings in your air-fryer, you can follow these instructions!
These wings are perfect for everyone, and were a hit last week when we made them for friends while watching the playoffs. Make a batch, and see for yourself!
Chipotle Ranch Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings, split and tips discarded - approx 20 wings
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chipotle spice
- 2 teaspoons dried dill spice
- 1/2 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- To a bowl, mix spices together. Toss chicken wings in spice mixture to evenly coat.
- Line wings on a foil-covered baking sheet, or broiler pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Flip wings on pan, and cook an additional 20-30 minutes, until wings are crispy.