My love for guacamole is so real. I make it pretty much weekly – we scoop it on salad, with veggies, and in wraps; lots of healthy fats packed with flavor. On weekends, we dunk chips in it, #becauseduh
Today, the #SundaySupper gang is sharing 30+ easy football food ideas, and I knew I wanted to load my go-to guac up with some extra toppings! A dip so loaded, it would be worthy of serving friends while we watch a game (or while I eat, and everyone else watches – haha)
Football food is pretty much my fave. I try guys, I really do, to love the actual game of football. I love the vibe of it all, but by the end of the first quarter, I’m kind of ready to move on…luckily, I have this Loaded Guacamole to keep me company 😉
For today’s guac, I opted to add in sunflower seeds, bacon, goat cheese, and black olives. You could use pumpkin seeds, cojita cheese, even feta. Sun-dried tomatoes would also be tasty! Use what YOU like.
- 3 Haas avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt (Himalayan salt works too)
- 1/2 medium onion, diced (I like red onions, but use whatever you like)
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2-3 strips of crispy bacon, crumbled
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp black olives
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbled
- In a large bowl place the scooped avocado pulp and lime juice, toss to coat. Drain, and reserve the lime juice, after all of the avocados have been coated. Add salt, and mash with a fork. Then, fold in the onions, tomatoes, cilantro, and garlic.
- Mix in desired toppings. Let chill for one hour.
- When ready to serve mix with remaining lime juice, and any additional toppings.
…and my first video, ever! Be kind, friends – I hope this tutorial helps you make the best Loaded Guacamole, ever.
See what other tasty football-themed recipes we’re sharing today!
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Avocado Corn Salad by Books ‘n Cooks
- Bacon-wrapped Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers by Food Lust People Love
- BLT Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs by Highlands Ranch Foodie
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro Crème by Cooking with Carlee
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Sliders by Flavor Mosaic
- Cucumber Shrimp Cups by Sunday Supper Movement
- Game Day Burger Sliders by Dessert Geek
- Gyro Meatballs & Herbed Yogurt Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Ham and Salami Rollups by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Healthier Patatas Bravas by Caroline’s Cooking
- Kale Pesto Dip by Cooking Chat
- Lemony Chicken Wings by Basic N Delicious
- Liptauer (Hungarian Cheese Spread) by Curious Cuisinere
- Loaded Guacamole by Casa de Crews
- Loaded Smashed Potatoes by The Hungry Goddess
- Mexican Spinach Dip by Meal Planning Magic
- Nachodillas with Jalapeno Bean Dip by Palatable Pastime
- No-Bake Almond Energy Bites by Pies and Plots
- PB&J Wings by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pork Belly Sliders by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Queso Blanco Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Roasted Jalapeno and Chorizo Queso by The Texan New Yorker
- Sausage Pizza Dip from Family Foodie
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Monica’s Table
- Bacon Swiss Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Black Bean Chili by Cricket’s Confections
- Blackberry Sriracha BBQ Wings by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honey Lime BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Mexican Pizza by Chef Next Door
- Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders by Food Done Light
- Oven-Fried Fish Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by The Redhead Baker
- White Chicken Chili by Powered by BLING
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad by Crazed Mom
- 5-Ingredient Buckeye Dip by A Mind Full Mom
- Brownie Bomb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Football Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Miso Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches by Ninja Baker
- Touchdown Popcorn Toffee Bark by The Weekend Gourmet
- White Chocolate Toffee Chunk Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.