Smoked Gouda Cauliflower Casserole: the best side dish, ever. At least this week it is. I make this cauliflower casserole quite often in the fall. It’s the ultimate comfort food, without loads of carbs.
It does have loads of fat, so while it’s perfect for keto (LCHF), it’s not paleo, or whole30. It is lighter on calories, because #portioncontrol. So really, it IS the best side dish, EVER.
I like to bake up this Smoked Gouda Cauliflower Casserole as a side to pot roast, pork chops, or any protein really. I’ve made it for holidays, and it is always a hit. Actually, the last holiday I made this for was Easter at my in-laws, so I guess this Smokee Gouda Casserole is not just for fall (ya’ll) – but anytime. You are welcome.
Honestly, I don’t know what else I can say, except….it’s so GOUDA <—- I had to, you guys. Hardy Har Har.
Items used to make this recipe:
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 large head cauliflower, trimmed (about 2 cups)
- 8 oz ½ fat cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz smoked Gouda cheese, rind removed and grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp chives, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. Steam or microwave until tender.
- Meanwhile,melt the butter in a medium skillet and cook, until onions are tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- To a medium mixing bowl, add the cauliflower, and break up the florets just slightly, with a fork. Stir in the cream cheese; blend well then stir in the onions. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add half the Gouda cheese to this mixture.
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish with butter, or cooking spray. Add cauliflower mix to baking dish, and spread evenly. Sprinkle the remaining Gouda over the top.
- Bake at 350º for 25-30 minutes, or until bubbly and brown on the top. Serve hot.
- Top with chives, optional. Enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website.