The toasty flavor of a lightly grilled pound cake is perfect to pair with fresh summer berries, and homemade whipped cream!
So when Erica, at The Crumby Cupcake, asked for fellow foodie bloggers to help her celebrate the one-year blogiversary of her site, you know I was totally on board. Plus, she’s also a Florida gal, and so I double had to join her virtual shindig!
What better way to celebrate a Wednesday/blogiversary week/summer than with Grilled Pound Cake? Have you ever grilled dessert like this? I hadn’t until very recently, and didn’t get why I was seeing this pop up all over the place. It seemed pointless for a while to me.
…but you guys, DO IT. It takes this delicate cake to a whole new level. The heat from the grill brings out the sweetness in the pound cake. If you don’t feel like dragging out the grill just for dessert, use a grill-pan inside. You’ll get the same results (and flavahs) either way. Add whatever fresh berries you like, and a homemade whipped cream and you’ll never look at a summer dessert the same way again!
grilled pound cake with fresh berries with whipped creamPrint Pin Rate
- 1 store bought pound cake, cut into 8 slices
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- handful of fresh mint - optional
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sweetner of choice
- Preheat the grill to high heat. If using an outdoor grill, lightly brush each slice of the cake with butter. If indoor grill-pan, cooking spray or butter will do. Place the cake on the grill and cook, about 2 minutes each side.
- Place a mixing bowl and beaters to mixer into the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place the sweetner into the mixing bowl and add the whipping cream. Beat until the cream reaches soft peaks. Add vanilla, and beat again until cream reaches stiff peaks.
- Assemble: Add fresh berries, mint and whipped cream to grilled pound cake.
Happy Blogiversary, Erica!