Spicy and flavorful, these Grilled Jerk Chicken Burgers are perfect for any summer cookout! Using romaine lettuce leaves keeps these juicy and flavorful chicken burgers whole 30 compliant!
This month I have three talented contributors sharing recipes that are compliant during my Whole 30! These Grilled Jerk Chicken Burgers are perfect for anyone who loves a well seasoned, lean burger; whole 30 or not, they’re just g o o d. Thanks so much to Bon Appeteach for sharing today’s recipe.
This chicken recipe is perfect for the weekend, whether it’s a party for two or for ten! I’ve already told Jason he better get ready to double up a batch of these Jerk Chicken Burgers for us to enjoy during the work week. He loves all things jerk seasoning, so I didn’t have to convince him too hard, tbh.
A little more about this recipe from Bon Appeteach below:
“First, I would like to say thank you to Nichole for asking me to be a part of her Whole30 challenge! I feel so lucky to have gotten to know so many other bloggers and individuals that share the same passion that I do for food this past year. For as long as I can remember, I have always had a passion for cooking and creating food that not only tasted delicious, was wholesome for the body, but is also something that can be shared with the people you love (cheesy but true)!
I love food and teaching so much that I even made it my career. I’ve been teaching high school culinary arts for the past seven years and truly find that is where I am most in my element. Out of this passion, my website www.bonappeteach.co was created as a way to share and create food in a virtual “classroom” of sorts. Most of the recipes you will find at Bon Appeteach are low carb or keto friendly, and many can easily be made Whole30 as well.
Today’s recipe was inspired by my three years of teaching in South Florida. Many of my students were Jamaican and I was able to learn ad appreciate so much about the culture and cuisine. These Grilled Jerk Chicken Burgers are great for summer and were a home run in my house. I hope they will be just as delicious in yours!”
Connect with her on instagram to see a ton of behind-the-scene cooking!
The slaw with avocado mayo and apple cider vinegar sounds so tangy, and would be a tasty slaw all summer long as a side or sandwich garnish, for sure.
Other jerk chicken recipes on the blog:
grilled jerk chicken burgers
jerk seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 lb ground chicken
- ¼ cup Almond Flour
- 4 green onions - diced
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger - minced
- 8 large romaine lettuce leaves
- ½ cup avocado mayo
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 jalapeno - or spicy pepper of your choice
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 beefsteak tomato - sliced
- ½ red onion - sliced
- Pre-heat your grill to cook over direct heat.
- In a small bowl combine all of the jerk seasoning spices and mix well.
- In a large bowl combine the ground chicken, almond flour, 2 chopped green onions, the fresh ginger, and 2 teaspoons of the jerk seasoning mixture. Mix thoroughly with your hands and then form 4, ¼lb patties and set aside.
- Next, combine the red cabbage, green cabbage, the other 2 green onions, walnuts, avocado mayo, apple cider vinegar, and remaining jerk seasonings. Mix thoroughly and place in the fridge until ready to use!
- Grill each jerk chicken burger till it reaches an internal temperature of 165F. Mine took about 3-4 minutes per side.
- To assemble your burger, take one romaine leaf and place the red onion and tomato over the lettuce, add the jerk chicken burger and top with the slaw. Cover with a final romaine leaf and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website. Please see the disclaimer here.
Yes please! Everything about this sounds divine!