Happy Game Day, ya’ll! While the mister is interested in watching the actual you know, game, I am all about the food, drinks, and commercials that come with Super Bowl Sunday. Who is with me?
My fave foods to stuff my face indulge in while watching any sport are nachos loaded with glorious cheese, salt and vinegar chips, and/or chicken wings.
Since we’re watching what we eat these days at Casa de Crews, my beloved nachos are out, as are the chips. But the wings? I found a way around that one, my friends! As a girl born in Buffalo, New York, I knew I had to get a wing fix, somehow.
Tuesday night, we often join our friends for live trivia at our local Buffalo Wild Wings, and I almost always order the Salt and Vinegar dry rubbed wings, when we play. Don’t get me wrong, I love the traditional Buffalo style, but the flavors on the salt and vinegar are my absolute favorite!
So after scouring the internet for the right recipe, I was disappointed to come up empty handed; I was a sad lil’ wing connoisseur–until I played with a few spice combinations to find what I consider the perfect at home salt and vinegar chicken wing. After a bit of trial and error, and copious amounts of taste testing, ahem, I think I finally got this recipe just right.
I baked these babies for a somewhat “lighter” version. Enjoy!
- 2lbs fresh chicken wings (approx 20 wings and drums)
- non-stick cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons old bay seasoning
- ½ teaspoon white salt
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Using a bowl, or plastic gallon-sized bag, toss wings in old bay seasoning to coat.
- Line a cookie sheet, or broiler pan with foil. Spray non-stick cooking spray on foil. Line baking sheet or broiler pan with wings.
- Bake for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, flip wings over to ensure both sides become crispy.
- To a separate bowl, mix vinegar and white salt.
- Toss cooked, crispy wings in vinegar/salt mix.
- Serve with celery and ranch, if desired.
Game Day Appetizers:
- Honey Mustard Pretzel Crunch from Shockingly Delicious
- Salt and Vinegar Wings from Casa de Crews
- Saucy Wings and Thighs from Hot Mama’s Kitchen Chaos
- Gluten Free Cheese and Onion Rolls from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Macaroni and Cheese Spring Rolls from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Steak Rolls from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Alpine Sliders from Manu’s Menu
- Hellfire Wings from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Easy Nacho Bar from Momma’s Meals
- Jalapeno Popper Taquitos from Curious Cuisiniere
- Skinny Game Day Guacamole Potato Skins from Daily Dish Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Cups from Alida’s Kitchen
- Spinach Dip Jalapeno Poppers with Bacon from La Cocina de Leslie
- BBQ Veggie Mini Burgers from Happy Baking Days
- Spicy Roasted Corn Shrimp Dip from Food Lust People Love
- Honey-Sriracha Pigs in a Blanket from Hip Foodie Mom
- Beer Cheese Fondue from Melanie Makes
- Cheesy Artichoke and Garlic Bread from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Whole Wheat Pepperoni Pizza Puffs from Meal Planning Magic
- Personal Chili Pots from MealDiva
- Italian Spring Rolls from Noshing with The Nolands
- Mexican Meatballs with Queso Blanco from Cooking on the Ranch
- Parmegiano Crisps from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Buffalo Chicken Potstickers from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mediterranean Nachos from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Popcorn-Crusted Chicken Wings from girlichef
- Mini Veggie Quesadillas from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Roasted Tomato Hummus from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Cashew Baba Ghanoush : Roasted Eggplant Dip from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip Potato Skins from Family Foodie
Game Day Entrees:
- Super Sloppy Joes from The Foodie Army Wife
- Buffalo Chicken Chili from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Lemon Bay Pan Roasted Shrimp with Lemon Garlic Aioli from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
- Mini Meatball and Mozzarella Sandwiches from Cookin’ Mimi
- Super Bowl Bento from Ninja Baking
- Vegetarian “Chorizo” and Black Bean Chili from Foxes Love Lemons
- Twice Baked Chili Cheese Potatoes from Neighborfood
- Barbecue Chicken Sloppy Sandwiches from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Easy Vegetarian Chili from Delaware Girl Eats
- Game Day Chili from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Dr. Pepper Turkey Chili from The Texan New Yorker
Game Day Desserts:
- Heavenly Hash Cookies from The Foodie Patootie
- Vegan Puppy Chow from Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Cookie Dough Billionaire Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Streusel Bars from Magnolia Days
- Coffee Chocolate Cheesecake Squares with a Biscoff Crust from Desserts Required
- Sesame Honey Sticks from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Microwave Caramel Popcorn from Pies and Plots
- Mini Coconut Cups from Basic N Delicious
- Gooey S’mores Brownies from Take A Bite Out of Boca
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.Celebrate #NationalChickenWingDay with Salt and Vinegar Chicken Wings! Click To Tweet