Crispy on the outside, and tender on the inside, these Air Fryer Dijon Pork Chops are low in carbs, clean and comforting!
Air Fryer Dijon Pork Chops
We ate a lot of pork chops growing up; they’re inexpensive and quick to cook making for an easy weeknight dinner any night of the week.
And now, one of my favorite things to do is tszuj up a tasty pork chop for dinner; almond breaded pork chops, and these pesto grilled pork chops are a few of our go-to pork recipes for an easy weeknight dinner.
These Dijon Mustard Pork Chops are super crispy, made without any breading. They’re just marinated in dijon mustard with oil (avocado or olive oil) and a few pantry spices before getting tossed into the air fryer.
Because there’s no breading on these air fryer pork chops, they’re whole30 compliant, low in carbs (keto) and less processed.
These can also be prepared in the oven. The recipe instructions below include methods using the air fryer as well as the oven. This is the air fryer we have.
What kind of pork chops to use
To make these pork chops with dijon mustard, I’d suggest center cut pork chops. You can use boneless or bone-in. I’ve made this recipe using both. Try to find chops that are around 3/4-1 inch in thickness for even cooking.
Bone-in is suggested if you can find them; bone-in center cut pork gives the cut more flavor. But this is all a personal preference.
PORK COOKING TEMPERATURE
These Dijon Pork Chops won’t take too long to cook in the air fryer – approx 8-10 minutes per side. Cook times may vary depending on your air fryer. Having a solid meat thermometer will help you know when your pork is done.
In general, pork chops can be cooked with an internal temperature ranging anywhere from 145F – 160F.
The USDA recommends cooking chops to an internal temperature of 145F, followed by a three-minute rest. This allows for tender and juicy pork chops that are loaded with flavor!
Sides to serve with pork
While the Dijon Pork Chops cook in the air fryer, you can prep any sides you plan to serve. I love a solid salad on the side like a Shaved Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad, Strawberry Spring Mix Salad or Winter Salad with Fig Jam.
This pork chop recipe is for 4-servings, but it can easily be doubled as needed. Or if you have leftovers, try cubing and adding to a pot of pork fried cauliflower rice – enjoy!
Air Fryer Dijon Pork Chops
- 16 oz center cut bone-in pork chops - cut 1-inch thick, or Boneless Pork Chops (4 chops total)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil – can also use olive oil
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme – or fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- nonstick cooking spray - for air fryer basket
- In a large bowl or shallow baking dish, whisk to combine avocado oil, Dijon mustard, thyme, salt and pepper. Toss pork chops in Dijon bowl and coat well. Marinate 1-hour, up to overnight, covered in the refrigerator. Allow chops to come to room temperature (about 10 minutes) before cooking.
Air Fryer Method
- Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees F.
- Spray air fryer basket with nonstick spray. Cook pork chops for 8-10 minutes on 390F. Flip and cook an additional 6-7 minutes. Dijon Pork Chops are done when internal temperature reaches 145F. Remove from basket and let rest 3 minutes before slicing and serving.
In the Oven
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To a parchment lined baking sheet, add your four pork chops. Cook for 30 minutes, flipping half-way through.
- Dijon Pork Chops are done when internal temperature reaches 145F. Remove from oven and let rest 3 minutes before slicing and serving.
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website. Please see the disclaimer here.