Whether you’re staying in or chaperoning trick or treaters, here are 17 Halloween Dinner Ideas that are festive, easy and spooky delicious!
I’m all for candy and cocktails, but before the main event we need real food! And whether your Halloween plans involve curling up on the couch to binge something spooky, passing out treats, or walking the neighborhood (need a cocktail for that? Try this Pomegranate Pinot Punch), celebrate Halloween with one of these quick and easy dinner ideas!
And if there’s leftover candy, make a batch of Halloween Candy Cookie Bars next week.
What to make for Halloween Dinner
There isn’t anything overly spooky or themed on this list (check out my Instagram if for a few Halloween themed dinner ideas) but these recipes are perfect for adults and busy families staying in or trying to rush out the door and celebrate the night with little ones.
Frighteningly-easy Instant Pot ideas
Easy, peasy! Instant Pot/Electric Pressure Cooker recipes couldn’t be easier for a quick and easy Halloween dinner.
- Pulled Pork Ragu is insanely delicious over pasta, mashed cauliflower or potatoes. Or even as a slider if you’re looking for something more sandwich-y than of bowl of comfort vibe.
- A bowl of minestrone soup loaded with veggies and pasta is a solid balance before a night of trick or treating, and makes great leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch.
- In the mood for tacos or nachos for Halloween dinner? Make Beef Barbacoa ahead of time and you’re all set.
- If it will be super cold on Halloween where you live, this hearty Beef Stew is perfect for dinner, with again – loads of leftovers for the next day!
- If you’re hosting a small get-together make a ton of baked potatoes in the Instant Pot and set up a potato bar. These spuds are ready in 30-minutes!
Spooky-delicious Slow Cooker recipes
If the slow-cooker (crockpot) is more your speed, try any of these recipes for an easy Halloween dinner instead:
- There is SO much you can do with a batch of Buffalo Shredded Chicken; in a baked potato, tacos, nachos, a wrap or salad. SO many options!
- Paleo Pumpkin Chili is bean-less and cozy – top with sour cream and cheese and a few tortilla chips for dunking.
- Looking for something more traditional that makes great leftovers tomorrow? Beef Stir-Fry in the slow-cooker is what you need.
- Salsa Shredded Chicken is literally two ingredients: salsa and chicken (and maybe a little spice).
Creepy One Pot Meals
The only thing that’s actually creepy is how many dishes you won’t have to wash on Halloween.
- Homemade Spahetti-Os are so nostaligic and fun – you’ve got to make these!
- This Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese is good for your ghoulish soul! Make the puree ahead of time and you’re more than golden.
- A batch of Ground Beef and Beer Chili can simmer on the stovetop while you pass out candy, or serve as meal prep if you’re going to be out for the night on Halloween.
- Angel Hair Pasta with Sausage and Cream is so easy, rich and comforting. You won’t be able to run from monsters after you eat this, but that may be okay.
Petrifying Pizza Recipes
Not actually petrifying, but don’t we love a good theme?
- Pesto Caprese Pizza is packed with flavor and couldn’t be easier. This post also includes a 10-minute pizza dough recipe. There’s nothing scary about that!
- If you need easy before heading out for the night, make a Sausage and Ricotta Naan Bread Pizza.
- Looking for more personal-pan sized pizzas? Make a batch of spelt flour pizza dough (each batch makes 4 small pies) and top however you like.
- Not technically pizza, but Pizza Potato Skins are always a good idea for an easy dinner! Halloween or not.
…and as a bonus, here are a few extra recipe ideas for a more casual Halloween dinner.
These appetizer recipes are perfect for a night in or if you’re having a small Halloween party – or maybe a few neighbors before you make the rounds with a gaggle of kids!
Whatever the plan is, you can’t go wrong with any of these Halloween Appetizer Ideas.
- Easy Blender Salsa is perfect for a snack board, chips and salsa or a taco dinner.
- You’ll want to legit drizzle this Chipotle Cashew Queso on everything!
- Classic Deviled Eggs are always a good idea, but add a little Everything Bagel Spice and it becomes a game-changer!
- Sausage Stuffed Jalapeños are filling and flavorful! Prep the peppers 1-2 days beforehand and save yourself time on Halloween.
- This Layered Greek Hummus Dip with Yogurt is perfect for a couch snack (use veggies, chips and pita bread for an easy movie night IN feast!) and an easy way to get some protein in before walking the ‘hood on the hunt for spooky treats.
- Creamy Mozzarella Burrata dip is scary good! Like seriously, please make this.
- Roasted Corn Salsa is perfect with chips or as a topping for tacos or over a quick salad – but whose eating salad on Halloween?
- If you love bites on a stick, make these Prosciutto & Mozzarella Skewers!
- French Onion Dip – need we say more? This one is a classic party dip.
These cocktails are spooky refreshing and perfect with friends at home, in a roadie around the block or a mug in the driveway while passing out candy.
- Pumpkin Spiced White Russians are so cozy and comforting and just a little boozy with a heavy pour of Kahlua.
- If you’re a gin lover, make a Pear Gin Fizz Cocktail!
- Tired of pumpkin this season? Make a Vanilla Chai White Russian instead.
- Apple Pie Sangria is definitely a good idea for a Halloween Party – and can definitely be made ahead of time!