50+ recipes to celebrate football season from appetizers to grilling ideas, wings and pizza, perfect for tailgating or homegating, cheering on your favorite team!
50+ RECIPES TO CELEBRATE FOOTBALL SEASON
Ahh, football food! I love it more than I do the game – sorry, not sorry. It turns out, I love football fare so much that I have more than fifty-recipes worthy of enjoying this fall with friends, around the tv.
Or party bites and grilling ideas that work for a proper tailgate too!
If you’re hosting a fantasy draft – these recipes are perfect for that.
From whole30, to low-carb, paleo, and unprocessed, there’s something for everyone in this football roundup!
PIN THIS football recipe roundup for later
appetizers + party dips:
- This Everything Bagel Hummus Dip is perfect for any party! Low in carbs and super flavorful, this dip works great all season long.
- If you want to add Mediterranean flavors, make this Layered Greek Hummus Dip loaded with fresh veggies.
- Homemade salsa in the blender is pretty close to restaurant-style, but it’s made in your kitchen – just add tortilla chips!
- Another solid vessel for chips? Roasted Corn Salsa.
- Jalapeno-Ranch Dip! It’s perfect for wings (obvi), but also if you want to dip your pizza crust in this ranch, I won’t judge you. This dip is made with buttermilk and Greek yogurt and is fairly low-carb friendly.
- If you’re looking for a dairy-free ranch, this is my favorite whole30 ranch dip.
- French Onion Dip made from a package of powder is a favorite of mine – but have you ever looked at the ingredients? Make a cleaned-up version using Greek yogurt and caramelized onions instead.
- Hi, you NEED this creamy mozzarella dip with burrata – dunk your favorite bread or toasted crostini. You’re welcome for this one!
- 4-ingredient beer cheese dip screams football food. You need this one in your life.
- Or if you’re dairy-free, this chipotle cashew queso is not quite the same as a beer cheese football dip, but it is damn tasty.
- Everything Bagel Deviled Eggs! Because really, when are deviled eggs ever a bad idea?
- If you want to impress guests, but not spend forever in the kitchen make these Blue Cheese Steak Crostini Bites – which are also perfect for the grill if you’re tailgating outdoors.
- These sausage stuffed jalapenos are pretty much a right of passage when it comes to football food.
- These keto-friendly prosciutto + mozzarella skewers are perfect for any party, anytime.
- Guacamole + Shrimp Cucumber Bites are easy to make ahead and the perfect portion control (or you know, leaves more room for wings!)
FOR THE GRILL:
- Make these perfectly grilled beef burgers every time you pull out the grill!
- If you love a good burger, but are off red meat, try making THE juiciest turkey burgers ever instead.
- Orrr top with whipped feta for one heck of an experience.
- What’s easy to eat with one hand, while balancing a beer in the other before heading into a stadium? Grilled BBQ Chicken Drumsticks!
- Chili Cheese Dogs made with homemade chili-dog sauce and beanless. I love the stuff from a can but my body does not. This homemade version is just as tasty and can be made in advance.
- Memphis Style BBQ Hot Dogs are wrapped in bacon and topped with cheese. A must at least once during football season!
- Need a solid sugar-free bbq dry rub? I’ve gotcha covered! Toss them in your fave rack of ribs and toss on the grill!
- You can take your ribs a step further and brine overnight in your favorite beer for tender, fall-off-the-bone ribs.
- These cumin-rubbed lamb kebabs are so flavorful and easy to make!
Pizza + Potato Skins:
- Need an easy pizza dough recipe that comes together in 20-minutes? Here’s my easy dough recipe – make it caprese style with pesto!
- If you like spice, make this Pineapple Pizza with Prosciutto and Jalapeno; make it on the grill or in the oven. This one is the perfect combo of sweet and savory!
- Or make individual spelt pizzas for a crowd and top with whatever you want.
- Or if you have no desire to make your own dough, use naan bread and make Sausage + Ricotta Naan Pizza instead.
- Whole30 Pizza Potato Skins are the best of both worlds; pizza in a potato! I mean…how can you not?!
- Do you know what else is heavenly? Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins! Omit the blue cheese and this becomes whole30 and paleo.
- Rueben Stuffed Baked Potatoes with leftover corned beef or deli pastrami scream fall and is perfect for football season!
- Kielbasa-Stuffed Twice Baked Potatoes reminds me of Oktoberfest but since it falls during football season, you have to make these!
- This Ground Beef and Beer Chili is straightforward and easy. It’s also perfect for leftovers the next day if you were up too late the night before cheering on your favorite team.
- Paleo Pumpkin Chili in the Slow-Cooker makes prep on a Sunday easy and tasty! I like to dunk a few tortilla chips in this one with a dash of hot sauce.
- Or make a batch of Chipotle Chocolate Chili – spicy and savory, the chocolate adds a layer of smoothness that you have to taste to totally understand!
- If you love chicken wings, you need these Salt and Vinegar Chicken Wings in your life.
- Here is the best way to make frozen chicken wings in the air fryer – they come out crispy every single time.
- If you need a solid buffalo-rub, make these Buffalo Chicken Wings in the oven or air-fryer.
- These Chipotle Ranch Chicken Wings are one of my husband’s favorites!
- If you want a little zest, these Cilantro-Lime Wings on the grill are going to be your go-to wing recipe!
- Or if you want tang, make a batch of Teriyaki Chicken Wings – these babies are paleo and sugar free!
OTHER TASTY IDEAS:
- These low-carb, whole30 buffalo chicken tenders are perfect for dunking in any of the ranch dips listed above.
- Hi, hello YOU NEED THESE GYRO MEATBALLS in your life.
- Make a batch of Shredded Beef Barbacoa in the Instant Pot is tasty for tacos or nachos or a burrito bowl.
- Cuban Sandwich Quesadillas are always a good idea!
- Shredded Buffalo Chicken in the slow-cooker or instant pot is perfect for so many meals; tacos, potatoes, nachos – the ideas are endless!
- I don’t care how hot or cold it is, or what time of year it is, this Boozy Backyard Lemonade is always a good idea.
- Celery Salty Dogs call for gin or vodka, and are perfect for passing the time or enjoying the game.
- Beer Margaritas made with Corona. You’re welcome.
Happy Football Season!
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website. Please see the disclaimer here.
[…] Air Fryer Chicken Strips are also a delicious grain-free, gluten-free recipe for home-gating during football season! Seriously, don’t even tell anyone that these strips are less processed – no one needs […]
[…] pulled lamb with chipotle mayo is tasty in a sandwich and perfect for serving to tailgate or homegate when you’re watching football or hockey. Throw it in the crockpot, and then let […]